At Inadown we are proud to host a large variety of activities suitable for all levels both on and offsite for owners and non owner.
We are affiliated to pony club and run pony club afternoons approximately twice a month on a Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, where members get to ride, help and do an achievement badge. These are £35 a session.
Here you will find photos from our recent trips as well as a list of future events.
These range from horseball, beach rides, new forest trips, on site competitions to competing offsite against other riding schools.
Dates coming up (click on link for calendar)
Am grand national
Pm cross country lessons
Own a pony day
Day clinic under 14s
Friday 1st November
Day clinic adults and over 12s
We will be running a equine first aid certificate for pony clubbers once they can do everything on the list they will be awarded with their inadown first aid certificate, if enough interest we can also run a mini series for adutls to obtain it to.
Inadown first aid certificate
To be able to:
• Name signs of good and bad health
• Know normal temperature, pulse and respiration and how to take it
• Name different types of wounds and their treatments
• Know how to tell which leg a horse is lame on (front or behind)
• Know contents of the first aid kit and what they are used for
• Know basic sick nursing and isolation procedure
• Know when to call the vet
• Know basic ailments and how to treat them
• Know the different types of purchase vetting’s available
• Know and demonstrate how to bandage a leg
We will be running a equine first aid certificate for pony clubbers once they can do everything on the list they will be awarded with their inadown first aid certificate, if enough interest we can also run a mini series for adults to obtain it to.