At Inadown we are proud to host a large variety of activities suitable for all levels both on and offsite for owners and non owner.
We are affiliated to pony club and run pony club afternoons approximately twice a month on a Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, where members get to ride, help and do an achievement badge. These are £35 a session.
Here you will find photos from our recent trips as well as a list of future events.
These range from horseball, beach rides, new forest trips, on site competitions to competing offsite against other riding schools.
Easter holiday schedule: easter 2019
Dates coming up (click on link for calendar)
7 – pony club
14 – arena xc
21- tbc – ideas?
28 -pony club
Tuesdays horseball twice a month
Wednesday 5pm group lesson
Thursday 5.30pm and 6.45pm jump
Friday 5.45 and 6.50 group lessons
C test training dates – test provisional date – 30th May
training – Thursday 11th April 10am to 1 – riding and sm £40
Tuesday 28th May 2 to 5pm riding and sm £40
Sunday 12th May 2 to 5pm riding and sm £40
or all three for £100 – other training will be provided within pony club normal sessions
We will be running a equine first aid certificate for pony clubbers once they can do everything on the list they will be awarded with their inadown first aid certificate, if enough interest we can also run a mini series for adutls to obtain it to.
Inadown first aid certificate
To be able to:
• Name signs of good and bad health
• Know normal temperature, pulse and respiration and how to take it
• Name different types of wounds and their treatments
• Know how to tell which leg a horse is lame on (front or behind)
• Know contents of the first aid kit and what they are used for
• Know basic sick nursing and isolation procedure
• Know when to call the vet
• Know basic ailments and how to treat them
• Know the different types of purchase vetting’s available
• Know and demonstrate how to bandage a leg
We will be running a equine first aid certificate for pony clubbers once they can do everything on the list they will be awarded with their inadown first aid certificate, if enough interest we can also run a mini series for adults to obtain it to.